Time to Make
20 minutes per animal
Adult Supervision Needed
How to MakeOwl
- Take a sheet of red foam and use a pencil to draw around your hand. Try to keep your middle three fingers quite close together, and your thumb and little finger slightly out to the side. Cut out this shape, curving off the bottom of the hand, where the wrist would be.
- Cut an oval shape out of orange foam and decorate it with a deco pen with wavy lines. Then stick this to the centre of the hand shape, just above where the fingers start.
- Cut a long thin branch shape from a sheet of brown foam, and stick a small piece of green foam to the tip of it to create some leaves. Then stick this branch across the hand shape, just above the fingers.
- Use a yellow deco pen to draw the beak just above the orange tummy, and two feet onto the branch.
- Stick two large wiggle eyes just above the beak.
- Cut out two small ear shapes from red foam, and stick these to the top of the owl.
- Take a sheet of orange foam and use a pencil to draw around your hand. Try to keep your fingers quite close together, and your thumb sticking out to the side. Cut out this shape.
- Using the remaining orange foam, cut out the shape of a fox's head. Then stick two pieces of white foam either side of the face, and two small white triangles into the inner ears.
- Stick two wiggle eyes onto the fox's face, and use a black pen to draw the nose.
- Use white foam to add a white tip to the tail (thumb).
Try to think of some other woodland animals that you can make with your handprints.