Easy, adult supervision needed
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Download and print off the template provided. Draw around the bunny head twice onto some blue felt and then cut both pieces out.
- Thread a needle with a length of white embroidery thread and tie a knot on one end. Line the two bunny head shapes up and begin sewing them together. When you have almost reached the end, stop and fill your brooch up with some cotton wool. Pull the cotton wool ball into lots of smaller pieces to ensure it doesn’t make the brooch look lumpy once stuffed.
- Once you have stuffed your brooch, sew the gap up and tie with a knot when you have reached the end.
- Cut out the bunny inner ear pieces from some white felt and the nose from some pink felt. Stick in place using super tacky glue.
- Cut out the felt flowers from some pink and yellow felt and stick to the side of one ear using super tacky glue. Decorate with some mini self-adhesive gems to the centre of each felt flower.
- Using a thin black pen, draw on the bunny eyes and mouth.
- To finish, peel off the backing from a self-adhesive badge pin, turn the bunny brooch over and stick to the back.
To make this craft easier for much younger children, instead of sewing the felt pieces together you could use glue instead.