Intermediate. Adult supervision needed.
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
Yes - The slime is formed by a chemical reaction between the polyvinyl alcohol (PVA) in the glue and the borate ion from the boric acid in the contact lens solution. We therefore recommend that the recipe is not altered, as the chemical reaction needs these ingredients to work. Please make sure that the making of the slime is supervised by an Adult. After making / playing with the slime we recommend that hands are thoroughly washed. This Slime is not edible. If your child has any allergies, please make sure you check the ingredients of each of the components. If any signs of reaction appears on the skin, please wash thoroughly and stop use immediately. If in doubt, please seek medical advice.
How to Make
- Pour approximately eight tablespoons of PVA glue into your bowl. Add a few drops of pink food colouring and stir with the spoon until the colour is fully mixed in.
- Squirt some shaving foam into your mixture, approximately half the amount of the glue, and mix it in with the spoon. Then add a teaspoon of baking soda and mix it again until it is smooth.
- Add one tablespoon of contact lens solution to your mixture and stir. Your mixture should begin to stick together. Continue to add more contact lens solution until the slime is no longer sticking to the bowl.
- Take the slime out of the bowl and knead and stretch it with your hands until it is no longer sticky, adding more contact lens solution if necessary.
- Paint the jar lid with light pink paint and leave to dry.
- Stick two wiggle eyes and a pink foam nose to the front of the jar. Use a black glass pen to draw a mouth underneath the nose. Then stick a white pom pom to the back of the jar.
- Cut out two pink ear shapes from a sheet of foam, then stick two slightly smaller white ear shapes on to these. Use glue dots to attach the ears to the back of the lid.
Add another coat of paint to the lid if the colour of the lid is still showing.