Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Paint the wooden sign white.
- When dry, paint the sign blue. You may need two three coats.
- Using a black deco pen, colour twenty polystyrene balls black and set aside to dry.
- Print out the petal template and cut around the outline. Draw ten petals on yellow felt and cut out.
- Using your hot glue gun, put a dot of glue on point A of a petal and fold over to stick to point B. Then, put a dot of glue behind point C and fold to form your petal shape. Repeat for all 10 petals.
- Stick the ten petals onto a piece of green felt using the hot glue gun. Try to keep the petals tight together. Overlap the bottoms if required.
- Cut into the green felt to make pointy leaves between the petals.
- Stick the black polystyrene balls to the middle of the sunflower using the hot glue gun.
- Choose your phrase from the wooden letters and paint them with the deco pens, alternating in orange and yellow.
- Stick your finished felt sunflower to the left of the wooden sign using the hot glue gun, then stick on your wooden letters to the right.
- Thread the cord provided with the sign through the holes and secure with knots.
Before sticking your letters down lay them out on the sign to make sure you’re happy with their positions.