Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take a sheet of A4 red card and cut in half down the middle of the long side.
- Card the card into 8 equal sized strips. To do this, fold in half, then quarters, then eighths. Cut down each fold line. (Alternatively, measure and mark 8 equal sections with your ruler and pencil. Each piece will be approximately 2.5cms.)
- Using double sided tape, stick 4 pieces of red card together at 1 end, to make a cross shape. Repeat with the other 4 red card pieces so that you have 2 crosses.
- Stick 1 cross on top of the other diagonally, so that it looks like an eight-pointed star.
- Now, using double sided tape again, attach the other ends of the tomato together, to form a globe shape. Start with the bottom (South) and right (East) ends, meeting at their corner edges. This will help you to get the right form.
- Bend a green pipe cleaner in half and cut with scissors. Bend in half and then splay out the end about 2cms down from the middle.
- Cut a piece of pipe cleaner 8cms long and attach in the middle to the stalk, by wrapping it around once. Make a cross shape with the stalk pointing upwards.
- Place the stalk onto the top of the tomato and attach it by bending the ends and tucking them under the card. You may need to readjust a few times to make it sit in the middle.
- Cut two more pieces of pipe cleaner, 6cms long.
- Attach these to the centre stalk in the middle of each piece, by wrapping it around the stalk.
Add some wiggle eyes and a smile if you want to transform your tomato into a character!