Time to Make
45 minutes + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut a potato in half, then use a tissue to dry up any excess moisture on the potato.
- Use a pen to draw a cactus outline onto the potato half. Then cut around this outline with a knife.
- Cut around the edge of the potato, about 1cm up from the bottom, and carefully pull off the sections leaving the cactus shape remaining.
- Use a paintbrush to cover the cactus shape with green paint, then push it onto a yellow coloured bag.
- Lift away the potato, cover it in paint again and push it onto another part of the bag. Repeat this until your bag is covered in cacti shapes.
- Once the cacti are dry, mix some white and red paint together to create a pink colour and then use a paintbrush to paint small flowers on top of the cacti.
To prevent paint seeping through to the other side of the bag, place a piece of cardboard inside the bag before painting. Get an adult to carve the potato stamp as you will need to use a sharp knife.