Beginner. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
45 minutes + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Mix some red and white paint to make a light and a dark shade of pink. Cover one stone in the light pink paint and one stone in the dark pink paint and leave to dry.
- Once dry, paint a tummy and a wing onto each stone in the opposite colour (dark pink on the light pink stone and light pink on the dark pink stone) and leave to dry.
- Paint a branch at the bottom of the canvas using the brown paint, and add green leaves to the ends. Leave to dry.
- Use a purple felt tip pen to write ‘LOVE BIRDS’ at the top of the canvas.
- Place the stones on top of the branch where you want them to sit, but don’t stick them down yet. Use an orange pen to draw the beaks onto the canvas where the stones are going to be. Then use a red pen to draw a heart just above them.
- Stick a wiggle eye onto each stone to compete each bird. Then use PVA glue to stick the stones to the canvas. Leave them to dry on a level surface until the glue is completely dry.
Add an extra coat of paint onto the stones to make the colours appear brighter