How to Make
- Using the template as a guide cut out your felt pieces in preparation – you will need 8 blue felt stems, 8 orange outer flower heads, 8 white inner flower heads, 8 yellow middles, 8 pairs of leaves and you’ll also need 16 pieces of turquoise string about 10 cm long.
- Fold each flower head part in half and cut a small 0.5cm curve (like half a smiley face) in the centre.
- Take each blue stem – about 2-3 cm from the bottom cut a small slit (about 1.5cm) and another two smaller slits (one above the other) about half way up.
- Construct the flowers by feeding the circular end of the blue stem through the orange, then white, then yellow flower parts. Do this to all 8 stems.
- Link each flower together by threading the stem of one through the bottom hole in a stem of another. Like a traditional daisy chain! Continue until they are all linked.
- Using the turquoise wool, thread it through the two middle holes in the stems, lay the leaves over the top and tie a little knot around them with the wool to hold them in place.
- Lastly add the finishing touches with the turquoise thread by tying around the middle of the flower heads.
Use sharp scissors to cut your felt for nice clean edges.