Time to Make
1 hour + 24 hours drying time
How to Make
- Brush some PVA glue inside the mixing bowl. Start laying leaves over the glue until you have a single layer. Brush glue over the top of the leaves.
- Add some more leaves with more glue, so there is a double layer in some areas.
- Cut a piece of white tissue paper a bit bigger than the bowl then press in down over the leaves. Brush glue over the top of the tissue so it fits the shape of the bowl.
- Add another layer of leaves over the tissue with more glue. Leave to dry for 24 hours.
- Carefully lift around the edge of the leaves and pull them out of the bowl. The leaves should pull away as one piece formed into the shape of the bowl and will still feel quite soft at this stage.
- Turn the plastic bowl over then place the leaf bowl upside down on the top. Brush glue or add extra leaves over any uneven areas or if there are gaps. Leave the leaf bowl upside down to allow the underside to dry out thoroughly.
- When the glue has dried, trim around the top of the bowl, following the shapes of the leaves.
Before you start, spread out a selection leaves on your work surface, so its easy to pick them up and choose different colours.