Beginner. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Using the templates provided, draw around and cut out all the shapes from the corresponding colour of felt.
- Line the white face piece up with the lower edge of the orange head piece and stitch in place, using the picture as a guide. Position the black ear triangles centrally on top of the orange ears of the head piece and stitch in place.
- Arrange the pink ear triangles centrally inside the black ear triangles and stitch in place. Arrange the black face pieces (eyes and nose) onto the head piece, using the picture as a guide as necessary, and sew in place with black thread.
- Line up the white tail tip with the orange tail piece and stitch in position with white thread. Take one of the orange rectangles and sew the brown tummy piece on top, aligning the straight edge with one of the short sides of the rectangle, as shown.
- Position the two black paw shapes on either side of the brown tummy piece, pointing downwards, and stitch in place. Using the same rectangle piece, arrange the stitched face/head piece where you would like it to go; I arranged my one with the ears slightly protruding over the top edge of the rectangle piece. Stitch it in place.
- Sew the tail piece onto the right-hand side of the rectangle piece, overlapping the tummy, as shown. Use corresponding thread – so white for the edge of the tail tip and orange for the rest of the tail.
- Finally, use thicker thread (if using embroidery thread, just add more strands, if using normal cotton thread, double up the strands), sew the second orange rectangle piece to the first orange rectangle piece, taking care to line up all sides and leaving the top un-sewn so you can put your phone inside.
You can adhere the face pieces, paw pieces and tummy pieces with fabric glue to make it easier.