How to Make
- Cut a piece of card to fit the pencil case. Make this as tight as possible so that the fabric is pulled taught. Zip it up inside.
- Use masking tape to mask off the zip. It's worth spending time doing this properly to make sure no paint gets in while decorating.
- Use masking tape to create the diagonal stripes as shown in the picture. Ensure the edges are pressed down firmly and fit neatly along the seams.
- Place the pencil case on a wipeable table cloth. Use a light metallic turquoise fabric spray paint to create the base colour. Allow to dry, you can speed this up by using a hair dryer. When dry repeat on the other side.
- Add a new layer of diagonal stripes with the masking tape, as shown in the picture. Apply the second deeper turquoise on top. Allow to dry thoroughly
- Remove the masking tape to reveal perfect stripes! Add detail with a complimentary colour embroidery thread, and create a tassel for the zip using a piece of fringed leather and the embroidery thread.
Be sure to firmly press down all of the edges of the masking tape to stop the spray paint bleeding.