Time to Make
How to Make
- Dye the apron. Lay the apron on a large plastic sheet. Mix the dark blue dye as explained in the instructions. Apply a lot of dye to the bottom of the apron with the nozzle. Use a large brush to sweep the dye upwards.
- Next wet the brush and drag the colour up again. Clean the brush in water and add another line of water and drag upwards. You should have dark dye at the bottom and light dye at the top. Work until you are happy with the effect. Allow to dry for 8 hours.
- Using the template as a guide, draw your cockerel in pencil in the centre of the apron.
- Using fabric paint, block in all of the colours, using a brush. Allow to dry.
- Using the 3D fabric paint, add the detail. Use the nozzle to move the paint around and create feather shapes. Mix the colours as you go on the fabric.
- Finish by adding splashes of colour on the head and tail using fabric spray paint. Fix the paint according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
When applying the 3D paint, use the nib end of the bottle to make marks in the paint, creating more texture and feather like patterns.