Beginner. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Use a small-sized black or coloured plate as the base for your mosaic.
Mark a point in the middle of the plate with a pencil then draw 2 lines 8cm in length across the middle to make a cross shape. If you can’t see the lines clearly use a pale coloured pencil or a ballpoint pen.
- Start by sticking 4 gold mosaic squares around the middle of the cross. Add more squares using the pencil lines as a guide for making the cross shape. Cut 4 mosaic squares in half to make triangular pieces for the ends of the cross.
- Stick red (or use another colour) mosaic squares around the edge of the plate to make a border.
- Fill in the background around the cross with blue and green mosaic squares. Fill in any gaps by the border with triangles or smaller pieces.
- Stick self-adhesive gems and pearls onto the cross as decoration.
Tape a loop of string or wool onto the back of your mosaic design to hang it on the wall