Beginner. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Using the template draw and cut out 2 tree shapes from green card and 2 tree shapes from blue card.
- Using the template draw and cut out 2 short trunks from light brown card and 2 trunks with branches from dark brown card.
- Stick the trees and trunks together with double sided tape.
- For spring, using the template draw and cut out a bird from blue foam. Then draw a wing with pen, add a wiggle eye and colour the beak in yellow. Next make a small nest by cutting out small strips of brown card or felt. Stick the flowers, bird and birds’ nest to the treetop, and spell spring with foam letters on the trunk (in pink or purple).
- For Summer, decorate the treetop with green leaves and the trunk with sunflowers and the word summer (in blue).
- For Autumn, decorate the treetop with autumn leaves and the trunk with the word Autumn (in yellow) and autumn leaves beneath it.
- For winter, decorate the treetop with a white deco pen to make snowy branches, and at the base of the tree draw a layer of snow and fill it in. Use snowflakes to decorate the treetop and trunk. You can add gems to the snowflakes. Spell winter on the trunk (in white).
- Turn to the front of the tree and write ‘Emma’s Season Tree’ with an orange deco pen.
You could also try this as a group activity, encouraging each group to decorate a book together before presenting the finished item to the rest of the class.