Time to Make
30 minutes + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Paint a layer of white paint over a wooden hanging plaque. Leave to dry. Add another coat, leave to dry.
- Take a rattan wreath and stick in some dried moss in between the branches around the whole wreath.
- Write the words “Lest We Forget” onto the white plaque using a broad tip marker pen.
- Draw 4 heart shapes onto a sheet of red felt all similar in size.
- Cut out the heart shapes and use super tacky glue to stick the pointed ends of the heart shapes together to create a poppy flower shape. Leave to dry.
- Place a blob of super tacky glue in the middle of the poppy and stick down a small black pom pom. Leave to dry.
- Repeat steps 4-6 to create 6 felt poppies in total.
- Place super tacky glue along the back of the left and right side of the white plaque and stick down to the middle of the rattan wreath. Leave to dry.
- Stick 3 poppies to the top of the wreath and 3 poppies to the bottom of the wreath using super tacky glue. Leave to dry.
- Cut a piece of ribbon of your choice roughly 15cm long and tie a loop through the top of the wreath and secure in a double knot.
Instead of the wooden plaque, you could write “Lest We Forget” on a strip of white card and stick it to the front of the wreath.