Time to Make
45 minutes + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take a purple plate and cover the front of it in light blue paint. Leave it to dry and add another coat of paint until it is fully covered. Leave to dry.
- Take a sheet of blue card and cut the edge into the shapes of waves. Stick it to the bottom half of the paper plate using double sided tape, leaving the bottom section untaped.
- Trim the bottom of the blue card so that it is in line with the plate. Then add another wave using the same method slightly lower than the first one. Making sure you leave a gap at the bottom.
- Cut a pirate ship shape out of a sheet of white card. Stick brown paper to the bottom section and Black paper to the sails.
- Use a brown felt tip pen to draw stripes onto the brown paper. Then use a gold deco pen to draw a stripe on the top edge of the boat, and also in between the two sails.
- Use a white deco pen to draw a skull and crossbones onto one of the black sails. Then use a black pen to draw three circles onto the boat.
- Stick two blue wooden sticks together using double sided tape, then stick the finished boat to the top of the sticks. Then gently slide the stick downwards underneath the waves and out the bottom of the gap in the paper.
If you want the waves to really stand out, try drawing a line with a blue pen along the top.