Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take a sheet of skin tone paper and fold it diagonally, then trim off the end so that you’re left with a square piece of paper.
- Unfold the paper and fold it diagonally the other way. Keep it folded with the long edge at the bottom and fold down the top so that the point meets the bottom edge.
- Fold in the two edges so that the points meet in the centre. Then unfold them and fold them upwards so that the points meet at the top.
- Tuck the two edges downwards into the pocket that you’ve created. Then turn it over and also fold the top edge downwards into the pocket.
- Use a brown pen to draw some hair onto the top section of the corner. Then use a black pen to draw an eye patch and a mouth. Stick a wiggle eye to the other side.
- Take a sheet of black paper and cut out the shape of a pirate hat. Then use a white deco pen to draw a skull and crossbones onto it. Stick the hat to to top of the bookmark using double sided tape.
- Cut some teeth out of a sheet of white paper and stick it to the bottom of the bookmark to make it look like a mouth. Then simply slide it onto the corner of your page.
Try making a range of pirate corner bookmarks by making bandanas instead of hats.