Time to Make
How to Make
- Create the hanging strands of the mobile. Cut 3 different lengths of thread. To each attach a feather to the bottom, tie a small knot around the bottom and wrap around until secure, finishing with another small knot.
- Thread on small bells where desired, fixing with a knot. Attach the self adhesive stars back to back with the thread in the middle.
- Make as many as you’d like alternating colours and positions.
- Fold a piece of felt in half and cut out two cloud shapes that will be stitched together.
- Tie a bell to the top end of each strand. This will act as a stopper, when you stitch them into the clouds.
- Stitch the clouds together with a simple running stitch, popping in the strands as you go. Make sure the bell is on the inside of the clouds and that your stitches are about ½ cm long.
- Fill with a small amount of stuffing before you stitch the whole way around.
Strip the ends of the feathers to make it easier to tie and wrap the embroidery thread around them for hanging.