Beginner. Adult supervision needed.
Time to Make
30 minutes + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Paint a tree trunk onto the canvas using brown paint, starting about two inches up from the bottom. Paint as many branches onto the tree as there are members in your family.
- Once the paint has dried, cover your hand in a brightly coloured paint and print it onto one of the branches.
- Repeat step 2 with all of the other members of your family.
- Use green paint to paint some grass underneath the tree.
- Once the handprints have dried, use a black pen to write each person’s name onto their hand print.
- Use a black pen to write ‘OUR FAMILY TREE’ at the top of the canvas, and add the date on top of the grass at the bottom.
Wait until the brown paint of the tree has completely dried before adding the handprints.