Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Measure the length of the wooden craft sticks, then cut two piece of yellow paper with the width slightly smaller than that length.
- Take a yellow craft stick and put a piece of double sided tape on the back and peel off the backing. Stick the yellow craft stick onto the bottom of one of the sheets of yellow paper. Then repeat this with five orange sticks and four more yellow sticks to create a strip of alternated coloured craft sticks.
- Once you have stuck all ten craft sticks down, trim the rest of the paper off at the end.
- Put a strip of double sided tape onto the top of each craft stick and peel off the backing. Then place the other sheet of yellow paper on top of the sticks and trim off the end.
- On one side of the card use the coloured fibre pens to write Happy Easter and draw some Easter eggs around the edges. Then turn the card over and write your note on the other side.
- Use a scalpel or a sharp craft knife to score the paper along every other gap in the sticks. Then turn the card over and repeat, making sure you don't score along the line that is cut on the other side.
- Trim a piece of ribbon approximately 30cm long. Conertina fold the sticks and tie the ribbon around them in a bow to hold them in place.
Get someone to hold the sticks together before you tie the ribbon so that it doesn't unfold.