Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Laying your can on its side, wrap the papyrus paper around and trim to size. Use a small amount of glue where the paper joins to keep the paper smooth all around.
- Take your cotton string and wrap around the top and bottom of your can approximately 3 times and glue onto the paper at the back out of sight.
- Draw a circle approx. 6cm onto your cardboard and cut it out, this will help you create your mini tassels. Wrap your chosen colour of embroidery thread around the dsic approx. 15 times keeping it close to the cardboard. Cut along the top of one end of the thread while holding the rest in place. Slide your thread off of the cardboard and take one strand out to tie around the rest about 1/3rd of the way down. You should now have a tassel shape formed and you can trim to your desired length.
- Repeat the same with your cotton string and make two more tassels and thread all three onto a length of cotton string approx. 30cm and wrap around your tin twice and tie at the back out of sight.
- To create your planter’s legs, take 3 bamboo sticks and your glue gun, turn your tin upside down and fix two at the front and one at the back creating a tripod shape.
- When the glue has cooled you can fill with a lovely plant!
Make sure your bamboo sticks are approximately the same size so it is nice and sturdy