Time to Make
45 minutes plus drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut approx. ½ slab of modelling clay and roll out into a rectangle shape to roughly 0.5cm thick
- Lay your tin at one end of the clay and roll along pressing lightly along the top and bottom to make an imprint. With your modelling tool trim the excess clay leaving 1cm to allow for overlapping.
- With your strip of clay now trimmed to size, roll your tin from one end to the other again but pressing the clay lightly onto the tin and smoothing all over. Make sure to smooth under the bottom of the tin slightly and over the top edge and trim any excess with your cutting tool.
- Press your mosaics gently into the clay, alternating the sizes, shapes and colours making sure to leave a small gap in between each mosaic piece.
- Smooth over any cracks along the top and bottom of the tin and leave to dry overnight.
- Once dry, if any mosaic pieces have fallen off put a small piece of glue on the back of the mosaic and place back in the same way it was moulded.
- Add a candle of your choice, and display
Before rolling your clay, choose your mosaic colour scheme of various sizes and set them to one side