Time to Make
1 hour + drying time for paint
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Use strips of masking tape to stick a piece of A4 white card onto your work surface or onto a piece of thick card. Tape along all 4 edges.
- Pour some coloured inks into a mixing tray so they are ready to use.
- Brush over the white paper with clean water then quickly brush the first coloured inks over the top in broad horizontal strokes. Quickly wash your brush before painting the next colour. The inks will run together as they spread over the paper. Leave to dry.
- Draw a simple dinosaur outline onto A4 black card then cut it out.
- Remove the masking tape from the edges of the background card then trim the sides.
- Cut out strip of black card then glue it along the bottom of the background with some cut out plant or tree shapes.
- Glue the dinosaur onto the background.
It’s easier to draw the dinosaur outline onto black card with a pale coloured pencil. After cutting out the shape, turn it over so the pencil lines are hidden.