Time to Make
30 minutes + drying time for Mod Roc + Paint
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut away the bottom from a paper cup (adult). Cut out 3 or 4 small triangle pieces from the edge of the cup to make it uneven.
- Use masking tape to stick a piece of twisted newspaper around the cup. This will make the base of the volcano wider.
- Dip the pieces of Mod Roc into water so the plaster is completely soaked. Squeeze out some of the water then layer the Mod Roc over the paper cup and newspaper. Cover the sides with more strips of Mod Roc. Push the ends of the Mod Roc inside the crater at the top.
- Add more Mod Roc around the base to make the volcano shape. Add extra twisted strips of Mod Roc down the sides of the volcano to make the lava. Leave the Mod Roc to dry.
- Paint the volcano dark brown. When the paint has dried, lightly brush grey paint over the top to highlight the surface texture.
- Brush glue around the top and down the sides of the volcano, then sprinkle with red glitter for the lava.
- Crinkle some orange and yellow tissue paper. Push the tissue inside the crater.
Cut the Mod Roc into pieces about 15cm long, so they are ready to use. Youll need about 10 pieces to cover the cup.