Time to Make
30 minutes for making + drying time for gluing tissue paper, 30 minutes for Fimo to bake + time to cool down.
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut off 2 strips from a block of FImo. Roll it into an oval shape for the baby dinosaurs head. Shape the oval so it is pointed at one end.
- Roll 2 more Fimo strips into a ball for the body. Gently flatten the ball at one end so it stands up. Press the head onto the body.
- Roll 2 small Fimo balls for the feet, flatten them and use a modelling tool to cut lines for the toes. Roll 2 small balls into arms, about 3cm in length, use a modelling tool to shape the hands and fingers.
- Cut some small triangles from flattened Fimo, then press them onto the back of the head. Roll eyes using another colour, press them onto the head. Roll a tail then press it to the back of the body.
- . Finish the dinosaur with small, flattened Fimo dots to make a pattern on the body. Add black dots to the middle of the eye.
- Check the dinosaur is the right size to fit into the egg before baking it. If it is too big, gently squeeze the body to make it a thinner shape. Put the dinosaur onto a baking tray. Bake Fimo in a pre-heated oven at 110C on a baking tray. Follow instructions on the packaging. Allow Fimo to cool before handling.
Try lightly brushing or sponging paint over the egg when the glue has dried. This will make the crinkly tissue paper pattern stand out more clearly. Keep the paint fairly dry when you do this.