Time to Make
30 minutes + drying time for paint
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Slide out the middle sections from 2 matchboxes. Cut both sections in half, making 4 pieces, then push 2 of them into the the outer matchboxes. Tape over the ends with masking tape to cover the gaps.
- Join the 2 boxes together by sticking a short piece of masking tape over the open ends to make a hinge.
- Hold the boxes with your thumb and finger inside, then dab paint over the sides. Leave the paint to dry with the box standing on the open ends.
- Paint one of the left over inner matchbox sections, using the same colour. This is for making the eyes.
- When the paint has dried, open out the boxes and paint the middle of the mouth.
- Sponge paint onto the palm printer. Carefully press it onto the boxes to print a pattern. Leave to dry.
- Stick some eyes onto the painted card section. Cut around the edges and glue onto the top of the box. Cut 2 eye stickers into nostrils and stick onto the front.
- To make the teeth, cut along 2 x 15cm x 2cm white card strips with zig-zag scissors. Trim the strips if they need to be thinner, then glue the teeth around the dinosaur’s mouth.
To open and close the T-Rex mouth, push your first and second fingers into the boxes, this is easier than using your thumb.