Time to Make
30 minutes plus glue & paint drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Paint the star coaster using the metallic acrylic paint of your choice. Start with the sides followed by the top. Allow paint to dry.
- Using a different but complementing colour, paint the bauble & allow to dry.
- Take the snowflake stick-on stones, add a little dot of tacky glue on the back for extra tack & randomly place on the bauble.
- Measure a side of the star & cut 10 strips of gem ribbon, 1 gem wide in that length. Working one edge at a time, run a bead of hot glue along the top edge. Stick the first row of gem ribbon. Always lay the next ribbon along the next edge before gluing down to check its measurement as you may need to cut it down. Ensure the ribbon looks like one continuous strip all the way around.
- Take off the hanging string form the bauble and poke the hole where the string has been.
Apply hot glue to the base of the bauble & stick it centrally onto the star coaster. Hold in position until the glue dries.
- Cut a piece of craft wire 45cm long, fold it in half & twist it tightly leaving a small loop at the folded end. Apply some hot glue into the hole of the bauble & slide the wire in. Hold in place until the glue dries.
- Insert a pony bead through the wire & let it sit on top of the bauble. You may want to secure it with a little hot glue.
- To create a curly wire, wrap it around a pencil. Loosen it a little by pulling on it slightly.
- Cut a piece of glitter card 3cm x 4.5cm & a piece of white card 2cm x 3.5cm. Write the name on the white card then stick it onto the glitter card leaving an even boarder all around.
- Stick a self-adhesive dot onto the loop of the wire. Do not remove the backing. Stick the name card onto it.
For a colourful table setting, paint the coasters & baubles in different colour combinations.