Time to Make
50 minutes plus glue & paint drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take a pine cone and using the silver metallic paint, brush the tips of the cone up to halfway down. Ensure they are covered well.
- Sprinkle the tips with the iridescent glitter, shake off the excess & allow the paint to dry.
- Take 3 red berries & twist their stems together to form a cluster.
- Paint the berries with the super tacky glue & sprinkle them with the iridescent glitter. Shake off the excess & allow glue to dry.
- Bend the stem of a pine branch at the end of the needles so it is at a 90 degree angle. Apply a bead of hot glue along the base of the stem & stick down centrally onto a willow circle.
- Take the glittered pine cone, apply hot glue on the bottom & stick on top of the pine stem so it covers it. Hold in place until the glue dries.
- Cut the twisted stem of the berries to half its length. Add a bead of hot glue along its stem & place between the cone & pine branch at base. Do not go too far in as the berries need to be visible.
- Cut a length of black craft wire 45cm long, fold it in half & twist it tightly leaving a small loop at the folded end.
- Wrap the non-loop end of wire tightly around the top of the inside of the cone once, ensuring it is secure.
- To create the curly wire, wrap around a pencil. Loosen a little by pulling it slightly.
- Brush super tacky glue over the top of the willow circle ensuring you brush right up to the spruce. Sprinkle with the iridescent glitter, shake of the excess & allow to dry.
- Cut a piece of glitter card, 3cm x 4.5cm & a piece of white card, 2cm x 3.5cm. Write the name on the card then stick it onto the glitter card, leaving an even border all around.
- Stick a self-adhesive dot onto the loop of the wire. Do not remove the backing. Stick the name card onto it.
As the willow circle has a slightly rough surface, brush on the glue thoroughly in different directions to give better coverage for the glitter to stick on.