Intermediate - Adult Supervision Required
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Print out the template provided and cut out the shapes, then draw around the pieces on the appropriate colour paper.
- To make the bookmark base, cut out your square and fold it in half diagonally, to make a triangle shape. Then, with the flat edge along the bottom, fold the top corner in so that the tip touches the flat edge. Press the fold down well.
- Next, fold the left and right edges of the triangle to the middle, so they touch tips at the centre of the flat edge. Then unfold these and turn the tip upwards to tuck over and into the small pocket.
- On the flat (square) side of the bookmark, draw around the scarecrow face template piece and cut around it with scissors.
- Glue on the collar and snip 1-2mm slits up to the face to create a straw effect.
- Glue on the scarecrow’s hat and patches.
- Peel the backing from the wiggle eyes, stick them onto the face and then draw on the scarecrow’s features with deco pens.
You can experiment with your scarecrow’s features. Try adding a little mouse or flower to its hat!