Time to Make
35 minutes + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take a small paper plate and pour some rice onto the centre of it. Then place another paper plate on top of this one.
- Use masking tape to attach the two plates together, the whole way around the edge.
- Cover the outside of the plates in a coat of red paint, then leave to dry. Add another coat if necessary.
- Once the red paint has dried, decorate it with patterns using blue, black and white paint.
- Cut two strips of blue wool and tie a red feather to the end of each one. Then thread some beads onto the wool.
- Tie the two pieces of wool to the top of a willow branch.
- Stick the willow branch to the back of the rattle using tape.
Make sure there are no gaps in the tape, otherwise the rice may fall out.