Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take a sheet of red card and stick a strip of double sided tape along the longest edge. Then peel off the backing.
- Place a kitchen roll tube onto the double-sided tape, then roll it up until the whole tube is covered in the red card. Fix in place with more double-sided tape.
- Trim the end of one side of the yellow card into strips and fold them over. Use masking tape to stick them down.
- Draw around the end of the kitchen roll tube onto the middle of a sheet of yellow card. Then cut a larger circle around this circle. Cut strips from the edge of the circle to the smaller circle in the middle, then fold them inwards.
- Put double-sided tape onto the yellow card at the end of the tube, then stick the card you made in step 4 to the end of the tube.
- Cut a thin strip of green card, then use double sided tape to sick it around the yellow strips.
- Pour some rice into the other end of the cardboard tube, then repeat steps 3-6 to seal the rain stick.
- Decorate your rain stick with green and yellow card shapes.
Try making rain sticks with other materials, such as lentils, beads or small pebbles.