Time to Make
30 minutes for making + drying time for the glue. Allow another 30 minutes for Fimo to bake plus time for it cool down.
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- For the planet base, cut a paper cup in half then paint it black. Leave to dry. Lightly sponge some silver paint over the top of the black. Fill the bottom of the cup with dried beans or rice to make the base heavier and more stable.
- Sponge silver paint over a lotus head. Leave it to dry. Brush plenty glue around the top of the cup and glue the lotus on top. Leave to dry.
- To make the aliens, break off some small pieces of FImo clay and roll into balls for the bodies, elongate the balls into long oval shapes, tapering at one end. Check they are the right size to fit into the holes in the lotus head. Add small rolled Fimo pieces for the arms and tentacles.
- Roll eyes and mouths using different Fimo colours. A cocktail stick is useful to help position small pieces on the bodies. Try using a piece of plastic straw to make a circle pattern on the bodies.
- Place the finished models onto a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven for 30 minutes at 110oC. Follow instructions on the packaging. Allow Fimo to cool before handling.
- Place the baked aliens into the planet craters!
Use wet wipes to keep your fingers clean so the dark Fimo colours don't transfer onto the lighter ones.