Time to Make
1-2 hours (Plus overnight drying time)
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Blow up a balloon to your desired size and tie the knot.
- Cut a cardboard tube to your desired height and stick to the top of the balloon (over the knot) with Super Tacky Glue. Leave to dry.
- Cut your scrap paper/newspaper into strips.
- Mix some Super Tacky Glue with some water (Roughly 2 tablespoons of glue and 1 tablespoon of water) to make it a runny consistency.
- Apply the glue mix to the balloon and stick on a paper strip, then cover the strip with the glue mix. Repeat until the whole balloon and the cardboard tube is covered in pa-per and glue mix, then add more layers. This will take some time. The more layers you have, the stronger your finished vessel will be. Allow to dry overnight.
- When your vessel is completely dry, paint with white acrylic paint. Using a sponge paint dabber cover the balloon in the paint, allow to dry and then add another coat of white paint if needed. Allow to dry.
- Using a sponge paint dabber cover the balloon in the gold paint, allow to dry and then add another coat of gold paint if needed. Allow to dry.
- Decorate your vessel with the gems.
- Leave the balloon inflated for added structure and support.
Blow the balloon to a smaller size to change the look of the vase.