Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut 8 paper plates in half and then make 7 of them into slightly curved crescent moon shapes.
- Colour the curved edges with a gold deco pen.
- For your left wing, use Super Tacky Glue along the edges and stick 4 of the half-plates together, fanned out slightly from the right corner.
- Add 1 more half-plate about 1cm away from the right corner and slightly further down. Repeat another 2 times to complete the wing.
- For your right wing, stick 4 of the half-plates together, fanned out slightly from the left corner.
- Add 1 more half-plate about 1cm away from the left corner and slightly further down. Repeat another 2 times to complete the wing.
- Take a half-plate without a crescent moon curve and carefully make 2 small holes with the tip of a pencil.
- Cut 2 lengths of white elastic, both 70cms long.
- Thread a piece of elastic through each hole and tie in a knot.
- Stick the half plate with elastic to the back of the wings using Super Tacky Glue.
- Check everything is stuck well. Add extra glue where needed to make them secure.
- Once dry, try the wings on. You can adjust the length of the elastic to suit by undoing the knot and retying it the make it shorter or longer.
Try decorating with different colours to make bird wings instead!