Time to Make
30 minutes + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take a white greeting card and use a pencil to lightly write 'H A P P Y' across the top of the card. Then write 'M O T H E R S' underneath, a 'D A Y' underneath that. This will be your guide for where to put your fingerprints.
- Mix up some pale pink, purple and blue paints in the mixing tray. Then press your fingertip into the light pink paint and print it on top of the H letter on the card.
- Continue to print the pink fingerprint every three letters on the card. Then wash your finger and print a purple fingerprint onto the letters next to the pink ones. Finally print a blue fingerprint onto the remaining letters. Leave to dry.
- Once all of the fingerprints are dry, use a black deco pen to write the letters on top of each fingerprint.
- Use a purple deco pen to draw a small dot about 1.5 inches up from the bottom of the card. Then draw a line from each of the bottom fingerprints to this dot. Then draw lines from the remaining fingerprints to this dot, making sure you don't draw over the top of any of the fingerprints.
- Draw a few lines downwards from the dot, to create the ends of the balloon strings.
- Stick a purple self-adhesive ribbon bow onto where the dot was to complete your card.
Make sure there isn't too much paint on your finger to prevent smudging.