Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take two sheets of pink card and draw out twelve circles about 8cm in diameter. Cut these out. Fold each circle in half and then in half again.
- Take one of your folded circles, open it up slightly and apply a small piece of double-sided tape to the middle. Repeat this step with the other folded circles.
- Take one of your folded circles and apply a thin strip of double-sided tape to the curved edge. Take your next folded circle and keeping the fold lines on the same side, stick this on top of the first. Repeat this step until you have glued all twelve folded circles together.
- Cut another piece of double-sided tape and stick this to one end. Curve the other end of the card around to touch the first and stick together.
- Cut a long piece of purple ribbon approximately 50cm in length and thread this through the hole in the card lamp you have just created. Pull out to about halfway and then tie the ribbon into a large knot at the bottom to make sure that the card lamp is held securely in place.
- From yellow card draw out two teardrop shapes about 5cm tall and 3cm wide. From orange card draw out two teardrop shapes about 4cm tall and 2cm wide. Cut the shapes out. Stick the orange teardrops onto the bottom of the yellow teardrops to make the candle flames. Then using double sided tape, stick the flame pieces either side of the ribbon, just above the card lamp to secure in place.
- Take some wooly pom poms and with mini glue dots stick them in a row along the top and bottom of the ribbon.
- Tie the top part of the ribbon into a loop with a double knot to hang your decoration from then cut off any excess ribbon from the bottom using scissors.
Once you have threaded the ribbon through the centre of the card lamp, tie the ribbon into a large knot at the bottom to make sure that the card lamp is held securely in place.