Time to Make
1 hour + drying time for paint + glue
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut a large cardboard plate in half then glue it onto a wooden fan, with the reverse (white) side facing upwards. Use plenty of glue and leave to dry.
- Paint the fan and cardboard plate with gold metallic acrylic. Leave to dry.
- While the paint is drying, choose 12-14 feathers for the fan. Cut off 1cm-2cm from the feathers to remove the pointed ends.
- Paint a pattern onto the front of the fan using gloss acrylic colours, using the curved shapes of the wooden fan and cardboard plate as a guide for the design. Leave to dry. Thinner lines and patterns can be added with deco pens.
- Turn the fan over then spread plenty of glue around the edge of the plate. Leave the glue for a few minutes to get tacky then stick the feathers down so they are arranged in a fan shape. Leave the glue to dry.
- Stick a large jewel in the middle of the fan on the front.
To vary the design at the top of the fan, cut a symmetrical curved shape from the cardboard semi-circle plate before glueing it down.