Time to Make
45 minutes + drying time
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Add two parts PVA and one part water into a bowl and mix together.
- Take a water balloon, blow it up and then tie the top tightly.
- Cut a long strip of white wool and put it into the glue mixture. Then wrap it around the balloon.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 with another balloon and piece of white wool, but make sure this balloon is smaller than the other, then leave them both to dry over night.
- When they are completely dry, use a pin to carefully pop the balloons, leaving just the white yarn balls.
- Use the glue gun to attach the smaller ball to the larger ball.
- Cut out the snowman's eyes, mouth and buttons from black felt, its nose from orange felt and its scarf from red felt. Then use the glue gun to attach them to the snowman.
- Cut out two circles from black card, one large and one small. Cut out a long strip from black card and wrap it into a circle. Then Use the glue gun to attach these pieces together to create a top hat.
- Glue the top hat to the top of the yarn snowman.
If the snowman doesn't stand upright try cutting some of the yarn off at the bottom to make it more level.