Time to Make
40 minutes (+drying time)
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Paint the cardboard tube white and leave to dry. Apply another coat if needed.
- With a pencil, gently and carefully poke two holes either side of the cardboard tube. Thread a brown pipe cleaner through the hole and bend into shape to make the snowman’s arms. Twist two smaller lengths of pipe cleaner around the ends to make a fork shape.
- Draw and cut out a small triangle of orange foam and stick it on the front of the cardboard tube in the middle of the arms. Stick two self-adhesive wiggle-eyes above the triangle. Dab on small dots of black paint under the orange triangle in a curved pattern. Leave the snowman to dry for now.
- On black foam draw a circle that is slightly bigger than the cardboard tube and cut it out. Draw and cut out a smaller circle and cut a long thick strip of foam long enough to wrap around the circumference of the smaller circle. Stick the two ends of the foam strip together and hold it in place as it dries. Once it's secure, stick the big and small foam circles to the top and bottom of the tube. Leave it to dry.
- Cut a strip of red felt that is long enough to wrap all the way around the cardboard tube. Cut two smaller strips of green felt that are the same width as the red felt. Stick the green felt onto the ends of the red felt strip. Allow time for the glue to dry and become tacky before cutting small strips into the green felt. Wrap the finished scarf around the snowman and glue it into place.
- Stick 2 small black pom poms to the front of the snowman, below the felt scarf. Also, stick on the hat to the top of the snowman. Make sure the glue dries completely on the snowman.
To keep the black foam strip in place as it dries, use paper clips to hold the two ends together. Alternatively, hot glue is also an option for adults.