Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- On A3 white card draw a square that is 27cm on each side. Carefully cut out the square.
- Take one of the corners and fold it over diagonally, crease the fold. Unfold the paper and take the other unfolded corner and fold that one over diagonally, crease the fold. Unfold the paper so that an x shape can be seen on the paper.
- Fold the bottom right corner of the paper to the centre point of the fold mark, crease the fold. Repeat this so that all of the corners are folded at the centre and a smaller square has been made.
- Flip the paper over so that the loose paper flaps are at the bottom. Fold each corner to the centre again, making another smaller square. On each of the flaps write the numbers 1-8 using the deco pens. Wait for the pen ink to dry.
- To add the fortunes life up the flaps and put stickers under each number. Make sure the stickers are small enough to fit in the triangular spaces.
- Flip the paper over and put 4 glitter face stickers on the blank flaps. Make sure the stickers all point to the centre of the fortune teller so that they are the right way up when the fortune teller is unfolded. If smiley face stickers are unavailable use any 4 stickers that are different colours.
- Fold the entire fortune teller in half so that the numbers are on the inside of the paper. Slip fingers inside the flaps on the outside and pinch them to form the final shape of the fortune teller.
If you have no stickers to hand have your kids draw their own funky characters to cover this fortune teller.