Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- In the middle of a piece of black A3 card measure and draw a rectangle that is 35 x 28cm and cut out.
- Fold the card in half. From the folded edge draw 7 lines that are 15cm long and have a 3.5cm gap between them. Cut along these folded lines. Make sure to cut from the folded edge of the card.
- Measure and cut out 8 strips of white A3 card that are 30cm long and 3.5cm wide.
- Take one of the white card strips and begin to weave it over and under the black card. Pull it so that the white card hangs over the edge of the black card and stick the ends down to the black card.
- Weave the next white strip in the opposite pattern as the first and continue weaving the other strips in an alternating pattern.
- Flip the checkers board over and stick down the overlapping edges of white card. Trim the black card edges of the board and stick down any loose black card.
- For stability glue down the back of the board to a sheet of black A3 card. Let it dry and trim the edges of the card.
- Now add your milk and white chocolate buttons and you are ready to play chocolate checkers!
Experiment with different coloured card and textiles to make the board more fun and unique. Instead of chocolate buttons, you could substitute other sweet treats such as marshmallows etc.