30 minutes + baking and cooling time for Fimo
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- For the hedgehog’s head, shape half a Fimo strip into a flat triangle, about 5mm deep and 2.5cm long.
- To make the body, shape 2 Fimo strips into a ball then press into a flat oval. Flatten one end with a modelling tool.
- Shape the flat end of the body into a curve, then press it on top of the head, so the 2 pieces are slightly overlapping, making the whole hedgehog about 6cm in length.
- Use the flat end of a modelling tool or a cocktail stick to make a prickly pattern.
- Roll Fimo balls for the eye and nose. Make a dot in the middle of the eye with a cocktail stick or add a tiny Fimo ball.
- Bake Fimo models at 110C in a pre-heated oven, following instructions on the packet. Allow to cool before handling.
- Glue a wiggly eye onto the hedgehog’s head and a brooch pin onto the back, to make it extra secure, use a strong adhesive or a glue gun to attach the pin.
To make baby hedgehogs or smaller sizes, use a smaller quantity of Fimo - 1/4 strip for the head and 1 strip for the body.