Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Cut 4 green pipe cleaners 25cm long.
- Hold the 4 pieces together and twist them a few times in the middle to join them together. These will be the spider’s legs.
- Thread onto each leg glow in the dark beads, leaving around 1cm of pipe cleaner sticking out at the ends.
- Bend each leg into an arch shape and then bend the ends to make the spider’s feet. This will also stop the beads from falling off.
- Cut a piece of orange ribbon around 15cm.
- Tie the ribbon to the middle of the legs where the green pipe cleaners were twisted together. Tie the ribbon into a loop secured with a double knot.
- Cover both sides of the middle of the pipe cleaners with glue dots.
- Take 2 large black pom poms and stick one either side of the middle of the pipe cleaners sticking to the glue dots. Press and hold the black pom poms together so that they are secure. Make sure the ribbon loop is sticking out the top ready for hanging.
- Stick lots of coloured wiggle eyes onto the face of the spider.
Leave the glow in the dark beads in lots of light during the day to allow them to receive light energy to glow really well in the dark.