Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- You will need 2 large black pom poms and 1 large green pom pom. Take a cocktail stick and put it through one of the black pom poms. Push the black pom pom to the bottom of the cocktail stick until it hides the bottom of the stick. Next, add the other black pom pom on top by putting the cocktail stick through the middle of the other black pom pom. Take the green pom pom and put it at the top of the cocktail stick by putting the stick through the middle of the pom pom. Reposition the pom poms so that the cocktail stick can’t be seen.
- Cut two 7cm long strips from a green pipe cleaner from the Halloween Pipe Cleaners pack. These will be the witch’s arms. Thread 6 orange beads onto each piece of green pipe cleaner. Leave a bit of green pipe cleaner sticking out at each end. On one of the ends on both arms, fold the bit of sticking out green pipe cleaner in half to make her hands and to stop the orange beads from falling off.
- Put some super tacky glue onto the other ends of both arms and stick them into either side of the middle black pom pom. Hold each arm in place for 1-2 minutes and then leave to dry. Next cut two 10cm long pieces of black pipe cleaner and thread on 11 beads (6 orange, 5 purple) This is to make the Witch’s stripey tights on her legs. Same as the arms, leave a bit of black pipe cleaner sticking out on both ends of each leg. At the bottom ends of both legs fold the bit of black pipe cleaner sticking out in half to make her feet and to stop the orange and purple beads from falling off.
- Put some super tacky glue on the other ends of both legs and stick them into the bottom black pom pom. Hold each leg in place for 1-2 minutes and then leave to dry. Cut a small bit of green pipe cleaner roughly 1.5cm long. Put a small amount of super tacky glue on one end and stick it in the middle of the green pom pom to make the witch’s nose. Stick on 2 wiggle eyes.
- Cut 2 pieces of purple pipe cleaner roughly 18cm long and fold in half to make the Witch’s hair. Stick to the top of the green pom pom using glue dots. Download the template and print off. Use the template to cut out a witch’s hat shape from black card. Cut a piece of orange pipe cleaner roughly 2cm long and stick it to the bottom of the witch’s hat using a small amount of super tacky glue. Using a large glue dot attach the hat to the top of the green pom pom.
- To make the Witch’s broomstick take a dark brown and a light brown pipe cleaner from the autumn pipe cleaners pack. Cut the dark brown pipe cleaner into a piece roughly 10cm long. Cut the light brown pipe cleaner into a piece roughly 8cm long. Wrap the light brown pipe cleaner piece around the bottom of the dark brown pipe cleaner piece. Fold the light brown pipe cleaner piece back and forth to look like the bristles of a broomstick. Unfold one of the witch’s green hands and fold it around the middle of the broomstick handle to attach it to the witch.
If you prefer a more spooky shelf witch at night time, swop the coloured pony beads for glow-in-the-dark ones.