Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Choose your chosen card colours. Fold each A4 sheet in half along the long edge, then cut down the fold lines.
- Concertina fold the card strips. When you get to the end, fold the strips in half and stick the edges together using double sided tape to create fan shapes..
- Cut a length of ribbon in your chosen colour, long enough so that it is longer than all of the concertina fans placed together.
- To attach your concertina fans onto the ribbon, pull open the tab on the straight edge of the fan and apply a strip of double-sided tape underneath. Peel away the backing from the tape, stick your ribbon down and then close the tab to hold the ribbon in place. Repeat this step with the other concertina fans, leaving about 3cm of space in between each one.
- From yellow card draw out teardrop shapes about 5cm tall and 3cm wide. From orange card draw out teardrop shapes about 4cm tall and 2cm wide. Cut the shapes out.
- Using some super tacky glue, stick the orange teardrop shapes onto the bottom of the yellow teardrops to make the candle flames. Then stick the flames onto the straight edge of your concertina fans to create your Diwali lamps. Leave to dry.
Make the bunting as long as you want by creating more concertina lamps to attach onto the ribbon.