Beginner. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Take 5 wooden craft sticks and use a red felt tip pen to colour them red. Take another 5 and
colour them green.
- Measure the length of the wooden craft sticks, then cut two pieces of yellow paper with the
width slightly smaller than that length.
- Take one of the red craft sticks and stick a piece of double-sided tape onto the back
and peel off the backing. Then stick the red craft stick onto the bottom of one of the sheets of
- Repeat Step 3 with the red and green craft sticks, alternating the colours. Once you have
stuck all ten craft sticks down, trim the rest of the paper off at the end.
- Turn the sticks over and put a strip of double-sided tape onto the top of each craft stick and
peel off the backing. Then place the other sheet of yellow paper on top of the sticks and trim
off the end.
- On one side of the paper use the coloured pens to write “’Merry Christmas’”. Then turn the
card over and write your note on the other side.
- Get an adult to use a craft cutting knife to score the paper along every other gap in the
sticks. Then turn the card over and repeat, making sure you don’t score along the line that is
cut on the other side.
- Trim a piece of red ribbon approximately 30cm long. Concertina fold the sticks and tie the
ribbon around them in a bow to hold them in place.
Get someone to hold the sticks together when you tie the ribbon to stop it unfolding