Beginner. Adult supervision needed
Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Print out the template and cut the stripes out of black felt and the wings out of glitter felt.
- Take a clean plastic drinks bottle and fill it a quarter full of gold glitter glue.
- Take your yellow food colouring and put in 3-5 drops of colour.
- Fill the bottle up with warm tap water leaving about 2 cm at the top.
- Screw the lid on and shake, if you feel you need more glitter or food colouring add it now.
- Ask an adult to help you secure the lid by using a strong glue or screwing it on very tightly.
- Wrap your black felt strips around your bottle, starting with the face shaped one at the top. You can stick these on using double sided tape. Trim the excess.
- Add wiggle eyes to the face and draw a smile.
- Take a pipe cleaner and shape it as antennae around the top of the bottle.
- Finally stick on the wings.
You could make a set of these with the other coloured glitter glues.