Time to Make
How to Make
- To make the top of the toadstool, shape 8 wax squares into a smooth ball. Press one side of the ball to flatten it, so the diameter is approximately 5-6cm.
- Using a contrasting colour, shape 4 wax squares into a stem for the toadstool, 3-4cm in length. The stem needs to be thick enough to support the toadstool top and for the wick to fit through the middle.
- For the spots, press small wax balls into flattened circles then press them onto the top of the toadstool.
- Press the top of the toadstool onto the stem so it is centrally positioned. Cut a piece of wick 6-7cm in length. Push a cocktail stick into the centre of the toadstool to make a hole, making it wide enough so the wick so it can be pushed through the top and the stem. Straighten the piece of wick, push it inside the hole then carefully press the wax around the top. Trim the wick if it looks too long.
To make the wax easier to knead and shape, leave it in a warm place for 10-15 minutes to soften, or gently warm the wax on both sides for 15-20 seconds with a hairdryer. To apply more pressure when kneading, hold the wax between your thumb and forefinger with the other hand over the top so the thumbs and fingers are crossing each other. Squeeze the thumb and fingers on top so they press the fingers underneath holding the wax. Shape wax on a piece of greaseproof paper to stop it sticking to your work surface.
What You Need
- Candle Making Kit
- A cocktail stick or thin knitting needle