Time to Make
1 hour to make the stamps plus baking time. 2 hours total.
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Create your stamps using balls of clay moulded into your desired shape. Roll over the top of them gently with a rolling pin to ensure the surface is as flat as possible before you start making your patterns.
- Press patterns into them with toothpicks, cutlery or buttons to create a variation of stamps. Decorative buttons work well, as do the end of a teaspoon to create petal like semi circles. Experiment as you go, as you can always roll your clay back into a ball and start again.
- Allow to air dry following instructions.
- Use a glue gun to attach the stamps to the cork tops. These will be the handles and will help you press them into the surface of your clay.
- Use the stamps to create patterns on a variety of clay projects, such as decorative tiles and plates, or on smaller pieces to create buttons and beads for jewellery.
When creating your polymer clay stamps, try to keep the surface that you will be printing with as flat as possible to allow as much of the surface as possible to make contact with the clay.