Time to Make
Adult Supervision Needed
How to Make
- Paint a Cup and Saucer Ceramic Planter using acrylic paints both inside and outside to help make the ceramic less porous. Leave to dry.
- Copy your design onto the wooden coaster using acrylic paint and pens. Leave to dry.
- Finally, add a coat of Satin Acrylic Varnish over the whole surface of the ceramic planter to make it water resistant.
- Alternatively, decorate a Porcelain Flower Pot using porcelain paint and pens with your teacher’s name or message. Leave to dry, then bake in the oven to heat-fix as per the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Once your planter or flowerpot is completely dry or heat-fixed, decorate further with stickers, gems etc.
- Finally, add a plant.
Unlike porcelain, because ceramic can be porous you need to paint it completely with acrylic paint and seal with an acrylic varnish to make it waterproof.
Tagged with:Teacher Gifts